Pregnancy is an exciting time and a cause for celebration. If you’re craving a yummy, caffeine-free and nonalcoholic beverage, here are seven holiday mock-tails.
This delightful beverage is perfect for the holiday season. It’s simple yet refreshing and is easy to make.
All you need is:
2 cups water
2 cups white sugar
16 medium to large rosemary sprigs
2 star anise
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
8 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
3 oz of homemade syrup
4 oz ginger beer
2 rosemary sprigs
1. Mix the homemade syrup ingredients in a small pot over medium heat until it boils.
2. Remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients except the ginger beer and combine with the homemade syrup.
4. Gently add in the ginger beer.
5. Garnish with optional ingredients, if desired.
Cranberries are a delicious fruit, but pomegranates make for a delightful mock-tail flavor as well. Similar to the last recipe, this one is perfect for the holidays during the end of the year. Here’s a simple Pomegranate Mock-tail.
2 oz lemon juice
2 oz pomegranate juice
2 oz club soda
10 mint leaves
2 lime wedges
1. Mix the syrup, lime and leaves together in the glass you intend to serve the drink in.
2. Add ice.
3. Pour the juices on top.
4. Add club soda.
5. Mix gently.
Who says ice-cream floats are just for the youngsters? Ice-cream floats are a delicious treat that is very easy to serve at parties in the form of a mock-tail.
1 scoop of sorbet or sherbet of choice (lemon sorbet and rainbow sherbet are great flavors to try)
Decaffeinated Sprite, 7 Up, or sparkling water
1. Put the sorbet or sherbet into the glass you are planning to serve the drink in.
2. Add enough soda or sparkling water to cover the scoop.
3. Stir gently.
Mimosas are a wonderful treat during brunch or a social gathering. Unfortunately, most mimosas are made with alcoholic beverages. But have no fear, you can make a different version!
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup cranberry juice
2 oz sparkling water
1. Combine the juices in a refrigerator-safe container.
2. Once chilled for two hours, take out of the fridge and combine with sparkling water.
3. Pour into glasses of choice.
Strawberry shortcake probably helped make strawberries popular, but this mock-tail will sure have you appreciating the fruit!
1 cup strawberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup lemon-lime soda
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Mix strawberries, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until it boils.
2. Remove the syrup from heat.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients and the syrup together to create the mock-tails.
All you need is:
1 cup of pineapple juice
1 cup of orange juice
1 tsp of almond syrup
1 tsp of mango juice
1. Mix the ingredients together.
2. Chill in the fridge for two hours.
3. Serve in glass of choice.
Last but certainly not least.
1/4 cup of lime juice
2 tsp of ginger zest 1 tsp of sugar
1/8 cup of sparkling water
Optional: Sliced limes to garnish
1. Mix the lime juice, sugar and sparkling water together.
2. Chill for an hour.
3. Mix in the ginger slowly.
4. Pour in serving glasses.
Optional: Place lime on the edge of the glasses.
Now that you have a list of seven pregnancy-friendly mock-tail recipes, be sure to test them out during the holiday season.
Related Content: The Link Between Infant Brain Development and Maternal Iron Intake