Guest Author: Peter Fryer
Being a mother is one of the most beautiful things a woman can experience in her life. The minute you get the news of your pregnancy, from that very moment you need to pay full attention on your health and your diet plan for safe and secure delivery at the end. Not everyone gets a chance of being a mother and hence if you get one, you should never take it for granted. You need to know some useful tips for keeping your pregnancy healthy and safe.
- Manage Your Diet – You should implement a diet plan which includes fortified foods and cooked breakfast cereals. Fortified cereals incorporate nutrients like that of calcium, iron etc. also you should include foods that contain fiber. Some of the foods which contain fiber are melon, carrots, green vegetables that are cooked. Take fat free yoghurt with certain fruits. You should avoid caffeine and alcohol hence you should take decaffeinated drinks.
- Educate Yourself Properly – now, even if you are undergoing your second pregnancy then too you should attend childbirth camps that may guide you and tell you something valuable. You can know better about your pregnancy status and even get friendly with the staff of the hospital organizing camps.
- Exercise According To Your Need And Ease – you should always remain active during your pregnancy and just avoid the myths that during pregnancy a woman should walk less. Yes, that’s true that you should keep a little care while bending through your abdominal portion but you should devote some time of your day to exercise and yoga. This will make you active and avoid you from being lethargic.
- Take A Prenatal Vitamin – prenatal vitamins help your child or fetus grow properly. You should take prenatal vitamins since the time you start trying to conceive. You should know the fact that the baby’s neural cord is the one which becomes the spinal cord and cranial portion during the first month of pregnancy hence, you should take prenatal vitamins like folic acid, calcium for its growth.
- Go For Shoe Shopping – you should take special care of the footwear you wear during your pregnancy. Choose footwear that does not give stress to your feet and you can easily walk without the fear of falling. This is one reason you can go for shoe-shopping.
- Go Eating Fish – You should eat fish during pregnancy because according to a report the women who ate fish during pregnancy gave birth to babies with higher IQ. Hence eating fish is beneficial.
- Say ‘Yes’ To Cravings But Sometimes – some say that cravings are a way by which mother gets nutrients that her body lacks but according to some, it is just an emotional phenomenon hence cravings can be focused but keeping in mind what you are eating exactly.
- Know When To Call The Doctor – you should call a doctorand consult him immediately if you witness sudden vaginal bleeding or discharge, cramps in every 20 minutes, unbearable pain, dizziness or fainting at regular intervals.
So, these were some tips if taken into consideration would free you from any sought of problem during your pregnancy.
Peter Fryer is part of the content creation team for Steroidsmag. He is an ardent health lover, who writes about almost everything health or supplements related, ranging from product reviews and awesome tips on living a healthy life.