Even when you are pregnant, you can still celebrate Halloween with a fun costume. Turn your growing belly into a part of your ensemble to create a simple but unique getup everyone will be talking about!
20 Awesome Halloween Ideas
- Gumball Machine: Take advantage of your shape by gluing colorful pom-poms to a white shirt to make a gumball machine.
- Zombie and Baby: This option is a classic for a reason. If you love spooky costumes, dress like a zombie and use a plastic baby doll poking through your shirt to look like a zombie baby.
- Golfer and a Hole in One:This couple’s costume involves your partner dressing like a golfer and you wearing a green dress with a DIY hole in one symbol.
- Redneck:Your pregnant belly can easily turn into a beer belly in this gender-bent costume. Draw on a mustache and wear beat-up clothes with a baseball cap.
- Peanut M&M: This easy costume just requires wearing a colored T-shirt with a white M and a cute little peanut design on your belly.
- Fried Egg: For this costume, you need nothing more than a white dress with a yellow circle. Family members can dress up as bacon, pancakes and other breakfast foods.
- Basketball player: Paint your belly like a basketball, and wear it peeking out through a pulled-up basketball jersey.
- Octopus: Wear a shirt decorated with a friendly face over your bump and a tutu with eight legs to look like a sea creature.
- Solar System: Wear a shirt decorated with a sun over your belly and hang balls representing the planets off your arms.
- Alien Baby: Attach a plastic alien figurine and some blood splatter to a plain shirt to recreate the chest-burster scene from this classic movie.
- Kangaroo Mom: Dress like a kangaroo and stick a little stuffed joey in your pouch.
- Padme and Anakin: Star Wars fans can dress up like the pregnant Padme Amidala and have their partner wear an Anakin Skywalker costume.
- Mother Earth: Paint your belly like a globe and wrap a white toga around your body. Complete the look with a flower crown.
- Prego Jar: Make a fun play on words by dressing up like a jar of Prego pasta sauce.
- Kool-Aid Man: Wear a shirt with the Kool-Aid man, and hang a broken brick wall made from cardboard over your shoulders.
- Juno and Paulie: Dress like the pregnant character from this cult classic by wearing a striped shirt and a skirt over jeans. If possible, get your partner to dress up in track shorts and a headband.
- Pumpkin Patch: If you like to show off your belly, paint it to look like a pumpkin and wear a green crop top and leggings to complete the look.
- Winnie the Pooh: Turn your belly into the adorable yellow tummy that pokes out of the signature cartoon bear’s shirt.
- Avocado: For this easy and fun costume, turn a big piece of cardboard into a sliced avocado, and leave a hole for your belly to look like the seed.
- Bowling Ball and Bowler: This easy DIY couple’s costume for Halloween just requires you to paint a shirt to look like a bowling ball while your partner wears a colorful bowling shirt and shoes.
Related Content: The Benefits of Delayed Cord Clamping
In the past, the common practice was to pass Dad the surgical scissors and have him perform a quick snip just before the newborn babe was whisked away to be cleaned, measured and dosed with vitamin K. Any delay in cord cutting was viewed as unnecessary in promoting general health for the baby or mother. However, recent research suggests that a delay of even three minutes can have a significant positive impact on infants.